President Donald Trump is widely recognized as the most pro-life U.S. president in history. He has also done much to protect religious liberty.
As President, Mr. Trump has:
* Signed a bill that allowed states to defund Planned Parenthood of Title X (family planning) funding, reversing an Obama attempt to force states to fund abortion providers.
* Reversed an Obama Administration policy that blocked states from deciding if Planned Parenthood should be stripped of Medicaid funding.
* Finalized the Protect Life Rule, cutting Planned Parenthood’s federal funding by $60 million.
* Reinstated the Mexico City Policy that ends federal funding of overseas abortions. The Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance program safeguards more than $8.8 BILLION in overseas aid from being used for abortions.
* Defunded the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) which supported China’s population control program (which includes forced abortions).
* Appointed 200 federal judges (so far) – including two Supreme Court justices – who uphold the pro-life view that all life is sacred from the moment of conception.
* Urged Congress to vote to protect innocent human life by asking members to pass the following bills:
No-Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2019
Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
* Issued new guidance ensuring hospitals provide medical care to infants who survive abortions
* Proposed numerous resolutions to fight Obama-era pro-abortion policies:
Require Obamacare insurers to issue separate invoices for abortion coverage.
Require Obamacare insurers to provide clients an identical plan in the same geographic area that does not provide coverage of abortion.
Reverse the Obama policy that made recipients of certain federal funding provide abortions.
* Taken the pro-life movement to the world stage: The administration opposes the efforts of the United Nations to make abortion an international human right.
* Taken steps to protect pro-life organizations from having to provide abortion referrals or cover abortion in their health insurance plans.
* Spoken in person at the 2020 National March for Life
* Proclaimed January 22, 2020 as National Sanctity of Human Life Day.
* The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has dramatically shifted in placing value on the unborn:
Funding for fetal tissue research — which uses aborted human body parts — has been cut.
HHS’ newly created Conscience and Religious Freedom Division fights for doctors, nurses, and other health care professionals who do not wish to have any part in abortions.
The Trump-Pence administration is protecting all Americans’ First Amendment rights.