January 6, 2016 —
(Editor’s note — The following is condensed from a January 6 press release by The Susan B. Anthony List. For more information, go to: https://www.sba-list.org/home/planned-parenthood-report-terrible-return-on-investment-for-taxpayers)
(T)he national pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List released a new fact sheet detailing the dramatic decline in Planned Parenthood’s (PP) non-abortion services, despite the fact that taxpayer funding for the group is up nearly 5 percent from the previous fiscal year. The report is based on PP’s latest 2014-2015 annual report.
- Cancer screening and prevention services dropped by 27% in just one year, and by 57% since 2010.
- Contraceptive services dropped by nearly 18% in just one year, and are down 20% since 2010.
- STI/STD prevention and treatment services are down nearly 6%, and “other services” are down by 27% over one year.
- Overall, total services dropped by nearly 11% in just one year, and are down 14% since 2010. Unique patients dropped by 200,000 in one year, and by 500,000 since 2010, nearly a 17% drop.
- PP performed 323,999 abortions, a slight 1% decrease over the previous year (327,653). Over the past three reported years (2012-2014), PP has performed nearly one million abortions (978,818).